Mortgage Documents Checklist
The Mortgage Loan process should be as quick as possible. With that in mind, here is a list of required documentation to expedite your loan process.
If you plan on filling out a Loan Application, be sure to include all names, addresses, and account numbers for bank accounts and creditors. Please contact us with any questions you have about this information.
The information listed below can help you identify the correct information you will need for your loan application.
General information for all mortgage applications:
· Original pay stubs covering the last 30 days, for each applicant.
· Original W-2 forms for the last two years, for each applicant.
· Original bank statement for the past three months for all checking and savings accounts.
· Name, address, phone number of current and/or previous landlords covering the past 24 months.
· Original 401k and/or IRA statements.
· Original investment account statement (past three months or most recent quarterly statement).
· A check for the application fee.
Items to take into consideration when applying for a loan:
· If you have declared bankruptcy in the last 7 years, provide a copy of the petition/decree, Schedule of Creditors and a copy of the discharge. Also include a letter of explanation on why you filed for bankruptcy.
· If you have been divorced, include a signed filed copy of all divorce decrees and any stipulation or modifications.
· If child support payments are used as income, provide documentation of timely receipt.
· If you have a gap of employment for more than 30 days in the past two years, please include a letter of explanation.
· If you are selling your current home, include a copy of your signed HUD-1 Settlement Statement (if your sale is not completed provide a copy of the estimate of proceeds from your realtor, HUD-1 must be provided prior to closing).
· If you have rental property, include copies of your last two years Federal Tax returns.
· If you are receiving a "gift" as part of your down payment, do not deposit the gift funds until you visit with your loan originator - we will provide a gift letter form.
· If you are being relocated by your employer, please provide a copy of your company's relocation policy.
If you are applying for a VA loan:
· VA Certificate of Eligibility
· Form DD-214 or, for in-service veterans, Statement of Service.
· Most recent Leave and Earnings Statement (in-service veterans only).
Self-employed or commissioned borrowers:
· Copies of your last two years personal and business federal signed income tax returns and all applicable schedules.
· Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet (self-employed only).
If you have any questions, please call your lender.